La Bombonera

Boca Tickets

do, know 209 comments

Research buying tickets to a Boca Juniors game on the Internet and you’d think the only way to do it is 1) show up an hour or so before hand to buy them on the street and just hope that you aren’t sold fake tickets, 2) buy really expensive tickets with a transfer from your hotel and a guide that explains the game to you, 3) know someone who works for a multinational that has season tickets they aren’t using and get lucky.

We’d been wanting to go to a Boca game at La Bombonera, Boca’s famous stadium, for some time, so when four San Telmo Lofters also wanted to go, we decided it was time to figure it out once and for all. In this video shot at the Boca-Racing match, I’ll tell you how to get tickets at the regular price and show you footage of the game and the amazing fans. The key points are also outlined here below.

Two Options for Advanced Ticket Purchases

There are ways to get tickets in advance, but both options seemed really expensive to us. Still, some people might prefer the security of buying tickets ahead of time and being escorted to and from the stadium.

1. Boca Experience – The Boca Juniors website implies that the only way tourists can purchase tickets is through Boca Experience. The prices range from $150 US to $400 US (for River-Boca games). The Boca-Racing game that we attended would have cost us $200 US each if we’d purchased through Boca Experience.
  2. Football Passion – I found these guys through their Facebook page and contacted them to see what their offers were. They have much better prices than Boca Experience, ranging from 250 – 430 pesos. But we really didn’t want a transfer and guide for the whole game. (*Below a commenter has complained about their service.)

Certain there had to be another way, we asked around and found out how the locals do it.

la bombonera, boca stadium

Climbing to our seats.

How Boca Fans Get Tickets

Boca Ticket

Ticket to Boca v. Racing

Tickets to the game go on sale on the morning of game day. In our case, for a 7:00 PM game, the ticket office opened at 10:00 AM and we were told to get there about an hour early. We only got there 30 minutes early, so the cheapest tickets (those for 90 pesos) were already sold out. Also, each person is only allowed to buy two tickets, so if there are six people total going to the game, three people need to go to the ticket office.

Boca was playing Racing so the tickets weren’t as sought after as those for a Boca-River match. The line to buy tickets was only about 30 minutes long.

Hinchadas

Even in defeat, Boca’s fans rock on.

Our tickets cost 180 pesos and we were in Platea Media, Sector D (map of stadium seating). These same tickets would have cost 430 pesos with Football Passion. I loved our seats because we were right next to the popular section where Boca’s famous fans were. It was thrilling.

The ticket office is located on the corner of Palos and Villafañe, right down the road from La Bombonera. It’s only about 12 blocks away from us (a 15-minute walk or 5-minute cab ride).

Boca Fans!

Our Day at La Bombonera

The Boca Juniors vs. River Plate game is in two weeks. We’ll head to La Bombonera again to see if tickets can be purchased on game day, how early we need to get there, and what the tickets cost.

Have you guys ever been to a game at La Bombonera? How did you get your tickets?

202 Comments To This Article… add one

• Tolga

March 9, 2014, 9:30 pm Reply

Hi Angela! My fiancee and I are visiting Buenos Aires in a few weeks and love your blog! It’s been very helpful for us as we learn more about the city. As others have previously asked, might you be willing to send us the information for your contact regarding tickets to a Boca game? Thanks again!

• Angela

March 10, 2014, 2:16 pm Reply

Hello Tolga,

I used to send people to Virginie at From BA to Z but she has left Buenos Aires. I would contact Landing Pad BA or Juancho Futbol if I were you. Hope you have a great time!

Angela

• Rob

March 6, 2014, 6:49 pm Reply

Hi Angela, is the information in your article still correct? If I go to the ticket office for the next game at 9am I should get a ticket? Thank you for the guidance, it should save me and my friends a lot of money!

• Angela

March 6, 2014, 7:09 pm Reply

Hi Rob…. it is no longer correct. The only way to get tickets now is to go through an agency or to look for vendors on Mercado Libre (that is risky though). They stopped selling tickets the day of the game a few years ago. Everyone has been complaining, especially Argentines, because the tickets are now so expensive.

Hope you have a great time. Wish I could have given you better news :(

• Gemma

February 11, 2014, 1:29 am Reply

I’m looking at trying to get tickets for this weekend’s Boca Jrs game, do you know of anyone who can help?
    Thanks

• Angela

February 11, 2014, 1:35 am Reply

Hi Gemma…. I’m looking into it. I’ll get back to you by email with some news. In the meantime, you may want to check with Juancho Futbol and Landing Pad BA to see what they have available. More soon!

• Cindy

February 17, 2014, 5:27 pm Reply

Hola Angela! Busco entradas para el 29 de marzo entre Boca y River. Tenes contactos para comprarte tickets? Gracias!

• Angela

February 18, 2014, 6:32 pm Reply

Hola Cindy…. ahora veo si mis contactos estan vendendo todavia. Estaban de vacaciones y quizas ya volvieron. Hasta pronto!

• Jose

November 29, 2013, 3:32 pm Reply

voy la proxima semana a buenos aires , soy extranjero y quiero ir al partido de boca contra gimnasia
    puedo ir no estando empadronado…como consigo tickets si solo venden a socios?
    por favor rogaria me enviaras la informacion para ver si es posible acceder a dicho encuentro

saludos

• Conrad

November 23, 2013, 7:18 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

hopefully there is still time left. i need one ticket for the match tomorrow (boca vs. all boys). do you also have an advice to me. you are my last chance.

thank you in advanced.

best wishes conrad

• Angela

November 23, 2013, 8:54 pm Reply

I’ll send you an email Conrad. Hope we can help.