La Bombonera

Boca Tickets

do, know 209 comments

Research buying tickets to a Boca Juniors game on the Internet and you’d think the only way to do it is 1) show up an hour or so before hand to buy them on the street and just hope that you aren’t sold fake tickets, 2) buy really expensive tickets with a transfer from your hotel and a guide that explains the game to you, 3) know someone who works for a multinational that has season tickets they aren’t using and get lucky.

We’d been wanting to go to a Boca game at La Bombonera, Boca’s famous stadium, for some time, so when four San Telmo Lofters also wanted to go, we decided it was time to figure it out once and for all. In this video shot at the Boca-Racing match, I’ll tell you how to get tickets at the regular price and show you footage of the game and the amazing fans. The key points are also outlined here below.

Two Options for Advanced Ticket Purchases

There are ways to get tickets in advance, but both options seemed really expensive to us. Still, some people might prefer the security of buying tickets ahead of time and being escorted to and from the stadium.

1. Boca Experience – The Boca Juniors website implies that the only way tourists can purchase tickets is through Boca Experience. The prices range from $150 US to $400 US (for River-Boca games). The Boca-Racing game that we attended would have cost us $200 US each if we’d purchased through Boca Experience.
  2. Football Passion – I found these guys through their Facebook page and contacted them to see what their offers were. They have much better prices than Boca Experience, ranging from 250 – 430 pesos. But we really didn’t want a transfer and guide for the whole game. (*Below a commenter has complained about their service.)

Certain there had to be another way, we asked around and found out how the locals do it.

la bombonera, boca stadium

Climbing to our seats.

How Boca Fans Get Tickets

Boca Ticket

Ticket to Boca v. Racing

Tickets to the game go on sale on the morning of game day. In our case, for a 7:00 PM game, the ticket office opened at 10:00 AM and we were told to get there about an hour early. We only got there 30 minutes early, so the cheapest tickets (those for 90 pesos) were already sold out. Also, each person is only allowed to buy two tickets, so if there are six people total going to the game, three people need to go to the ticket office.

Boca was playing Racing so the tickets weren’t as sought after as those for a Boca-River match. The line to buy tickets was only about 30 minutes long.

Hinchadas

Even in defeat, Boca’s fans rock on.

Our tickets cost 180 pesos and we were in Platea Media, Sector D (map of stadium seating). These same tickets would have cost 430 pesos with Football Passion. I loved our seats because we were right next to the popular section where Boca’s famous fans were. It was thrilling.

The ticket office is located on the corner of Palos and Villafañe, right down the road from La Bombonera. It’s only about 12 blocks away from us (a 15-minute walk or 5-minute cab ride).

Boca Fans!

Our Day at La Bombonera

The Boca Juniors vs. River Plate game is in two weeks. We’ll head to La Bombonera again to see if tickets can be purchased on game day, how early we need to get there, and what the tickets cost.

Have you guys ever been to a game at La Bombonera? How did you get your tickets?

202 Comments To This Article… add one

• Tolga

March 9, 2014, 9:30 pm Reply

Hi Angela! My fiancee and I are visiting Buenos Aires in a few weeks and love your blog! It’s been very helpful for us as we learn more about the city. As others have previously asked, might you be willing to send us the information for your contact regarding tickets to a Boca game? Thanks again!

• Angela

March 10, 2014, 2:16 pm Reply

Hello Tolga,

I used to send people to Virginie at From BA to Z but she has left Buenos Aires. I would contact Landing Pad BA or Juancho Futbol if I were you. Hope you have a great time!

• Rob

March 6, 2014, 6:49 pm Reply

Hi Angela, is the information in your article still correct? If I go to the ticket office for the next game at 9am I should get a ticket? Thank you for the guidance, it should save me and my friends a lot of money!

• Angela

March 6, 2014, 7:09 pm Reply

Hi Rob…. it is no longer correct. The only way to get tickets now is to go through an agency or to look for vendors on Mercado Libre (that is risky though). They stopped selling tickets the day of the game a few years ago. Everyone has been complaining, especially Argentines, because the tickets are now so expensive.

Hope you have a great time. Wish I could have given you better news :(

• Gemma

February 11, 2014, 1:29 am Reply

I’m looking at trying to get tickets for this weekend’s Boca Jrs game, do you know of anyone who can help?
    Thanks

• Angela

February 11, 2014, 1:35 am Reply

Hi Gemma…. I’m looking into it. I’ll get back to you by email with some news. In the meantime, you may want to check with Juancho Futbol and Landing Pad BA to see what they have available. More soon!

• Cindy

February 17, 2014, 5:27 pm Reply

Hola Angela! Busco entradas para el 29 de marzo entre Boca y River. Tenes contactos para comprarte tickets? Gracias!

• Angela

February 18, 2014, 6:32 pm Reply

Hola Cindy…. ahora veo si mis contactos estan vendendo todavia. Estaban de vacaciones y quizas ya volvieron. Hasta pronto!

• Jose

November 29, 2013, 3:32 pm Reply

voy la proxima semana a buenos aires , soy extranjero y quiero ir al partido de boca contra gimnasia
    puedo ir no estando empadronado…como consigo tickets si solo venden a socios?
    por favor rogaria me enviaras la informacion para ver si es posible acceder a dicho encuentro

saludos

• Conrad

November 23, 2013, 7:18 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

hopefully there is still time left. i need one ticket for the match tomorrow (boca vs. all boys). do you also have an advice to me. you are my last chance.

thank you in advanced.

best wishes conrad

• Angela

November 23, 2013, 8:54 pm Reply

I’ll send you an email Conrad. Hope we can help.

• pablo mora

November 8, 2013, 4:30 pm Reply

Estimada Angela..estaré en Buenos Aires el proximo 24 de noviembre y quiero ir al boca v/s all boys
    me gustaría me puedas enviar info de como conseguir entradas ,, desde ya muchas gracias

• Angela

November 8, 2013, 8:43 pm Reply

Hola Pablo… te paso con la persona que consique nuestras entradas. Suerte!

• Will

November 22, 2013, 4:04 pm Reply

Hi Angela! I’m also looking for tickets for a group of people for this Sunday’s game. Any advice?

Many thanks!

• Angela

November 22, 2013, 4:58 pm Reply

Hi Will…. I’ve just sent you an email. Hope we can find you some tickets. Cheers!

• Celeste

August 29, 2013, 2:35 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

We are looking for tickets to Boca v Quilmes on the 29th of September – any suggestions?

Thanks so much
    Celeste

• Angela

August 29, 2013, 10:58 pm Reply

Hi Celeste,

I would write to Virginie at From BA to Z. She can typically get great tickets.

Suerte,

• Milene

July 22, 2013, 8:50 pm Reply

Hello,
    I wonder what the best way to buy tickets for the Boca jogodo. It is still possible to buy on game day?

• Angela

July 23, 2013, 9:13 pm Reply

Hi Milene…. It’s not possible to buy tickets on game day. Most of our guests get tickets from From BA to Z. You may also want to try Landing Pad BA. Best of luck and do report back to us about your experience.

• Eli

June 16, 2013, 1:01 am Reply

Hey Angela,
    Some friends and I would love to go to the Bocas Jrs game tonorrow, June 16th. Is it possible to get Tickets at the stadium or can I contact BA to Z? Please let me know as we are all dying to go!

Thanks a lot
    Eli

• Angela

June 16, 2013, 10:23 am Reply

Hi Eli,

You can’t get tickets at the stadium and I’m pretty sure BA to Z doesn’t have any left. I suppose you could go over to the stadium and try your luck. Or look on Mercado Libre to see if those vendors reply. Otherwise, you can contact Landing Pad BA, Juancho, Vamos a la Cancha or Diego Futbol (all listed in the comments below) to see if they have tickets available.

Hope it works out!

• Jon Ollington

March 12, 2013, 8:46 pm Reply

Hey Angela,

It would seem as if you’re the go to person. I’m trying to buy tickets for Boca Juniors vs. Argentinos this Sunday March 17. Are you able to help at all? I’m utterly confused as to what I have to do.

Thanks in advance.
    Jon

March 13, 2013, 11:35 am Reply

I do seem to have become the go-to person on this. I send everyone to Virginie at From BA to Z. She gets great tickets and at a fair rate.

Have fun!

• Emil

March 2, 2013, 7:14 pm Reply

Hola Angela!
    Thanks for good information. I am trying to get tickets tomorow aswell. Could you send me an email with the contact details?

Best regards!
    Emil

March 2, 2013, 8:16 pm Reply

I’ve just sent you a message with Virginie of From BA to Z copied. She gets awesome tickets for all of our guests. Have a great time!!

• Jonas

March 2, 2013, 5:13 pm Reply

Hi Angela

I was wondering, what the cheapest option of getting tickets to a boca game is, and how much you’ll have to pay for it.

Thanks in advance
    Jonas

March 2, 2013, 6:34 pm Reply

Hi Jonas,

I really don’t know what the cheapest option is. I wish they were still selling tickets normally (i.e. at the stadium) because then the price would be known by everyone. Since that’s not the case, your only options are to either go with an organized group like Landing Pad BA, Juancho, Vamos a la Cancha or Boca Experience, or to look for tickets on Mercado Libre from a vendor with a good reputation. I’m not sure what any of these people are charging for the organized groups. Those seats are normally in the popular section. Currently, on Mercado Libre, I see some popular tickets for 200 pesos. There’s a risk, of course, that the tickets aren’t legit or not available. The platea seats appear to be between 400 pesos and 800 pesos. It would depend on where the seats are.

Hope this gives you some sort of reference point.

Best of luck!

• Rick

March 2, 2013, 9:47 am Reply

Hi Angela,

I would like to go to the boca match tomorrow (3/3/2013). Could you send me an email with the contact details of the person that can arrange us tickets?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rick

• Al

February 27, 2013, 9:02 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

I am trying to get tickets to the Boca vs Union this Sunday (3/3/13) for myself and 3 friends. How would you recommend to be able to do this?

Cheers

Alastair

February 28, 2013, 5:49 pm Reply

Hola Alastair,

I’ll send you an email now with the person that I use to get tickets copied on it so you can speak to her directly.

Suerte and thank you for stopping by!

• Johannes

November 22, 2012, 6:37 pm Reply

Hey Angela,

Thumbs up for the great blog! Am currently trying to get tickets for the match Boca-Racing this sunday (or for the next match against Godoy Cruz). Would you mind passing me the contact info for your ticket vendors at MercadoLibre?

Thanks a lot!!
    Johannes

November 22, 2012, 6:47 pm Reply

Hi Johannes….. The Mercado Libre vendor we know of is now working with Virginie, From BA to Z. I’ll email you with her email address. You can reach her through her site, too.

Cheers!

• Ed

November 22, 2012, 2:40 pm Reply

Hi Angela – this has been a very helpful blog. I’m pretty disappointed to hear that tickets to Boca games are so difficult to come by! I’m in the US but will be traveling to Buenos Aires next week, and I hope to catch the Boca vs. Godoy Cruz de Mendoza game on 9 December. Is mercado libre the way to go? Or is there a better way to get tickets in person? I’m fluent in Spanish and wouldn’t mind going to pick some up if I can get a better deal. Not looking to splurge on a tour or anything like that. Thanks for any tips!

November 22, 2012, 6:51 pm Reply

Hi Ed,
      I haven’t heard of another way to get tickets (legit tickets). We’ve had guests go to the stadium and purchase tickets on the street or from a jersey shop. But one group got fake tickets and the other got awesome tickets. It’s hard to know. I’d contact Virginie at From BA to Z. Her tickets are excellent.
      Suerte,

• sweagles

November 11, 2012, 11:50 pm Reply

Hi Angela, thanks for so much great information.

Me and a few friends will also be in town for the Newell’s game on Thursday, I would love to get some tickets, if you could be so kind as to put me in touch with the right people?

Thanks so much!

Steve.

• Mike

November 11, 2012, 2:14 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

We are also looking for tix to the Boca/Newell’s game next week. Would you mind passing me the info as well?

Great info here btw.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Chris

November 10, 2012, 1:11 am Reply

Hi Angela,

thank you and everybody for their comments. Very helpful.
    We are also looking for tix for the Boca-Newell’s game next week. Would very much appreciate the contact info of your vendor. Thank you for your help!

Chris

• Dan

November 1, 2012, 9:11 pm Reply

Hi Angela,
    What a great site! My wife and are flying in on Saturday for a 2nd honeymoon. Would you mind sending the contact info for your ticket guy? We are planning to go attend the game on Sunday but a bit overwhelmed with the ticket process. Thank you!

• Gary

October 31, 2012, 7:33 pm Reply

Hi Angela.

3 of us are hoping to attend the Boca Newell’s game on November 15th. Would you be able to e-mail the contact details of the vendor you know? Your help would be much appreciated!

• John

October 24, 2012, 3:21 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

Great info! Do you have the name of the mercado libre vendor that you have purchased with before? Perhaps you should start selling these tickets :)

October 25, 2012, 11:35 am Reply

Hi John, I’ll send you an email now. If only I had a way to start selling tickets. I’d have to find a bunch of socios willing to part with them :)

• Dean

October 15, 2012, 7:55 pm Reply

Hi Angela

Great blog, as Jess said its great for a newbie to the area. Could you please send me your ticket vendors details also as I’m looking for tickets for this Sunday’s game and am unsure who to buy from.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dean

October 16, 2012, 5:19 pm Reply

Hi Dean…. have just sent you a message. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a blast at the game!

• Jess

October 10, 2012, 1:07 pm Reply

Hi Anglea,

Thank you so much for this great blog!! It´s helping me a lot, especially as I´m living in San Telmo :) Could you please send me your vendor´s details on Mercado Libre as I´m a little unsure as who to buy from and I really want to go see a game in the proper atmosphere. Thanks again!

Jess

October 14, 2012, 1:44 pm Reply

Hi Jess…. so glad you’re enjoying the blog. I’ll email you now.

Cheers,

• Joe Lamerton

October 9, 2012, 11:50 am Reply

Hello,

I am looking at trying to get tickets for the Boca – River game on 28.04.2013 am i best going through Mercado or as i have some more time is there an easier option as i wont be in the country until 3-4days before.

How much should i expect to pay?

October 10, 2012, 10:57 am Reply

Hi Joe,

The Boca – River match always has more demand than others, so I’m guessing the price will be a bit higher. Who knows what it will be in April as we have 30% inflation here. But currently, the price I’ve seen on Mercado Libre for regular Boca tickets is 500 pesos give or take 50 to 100 depending on the seats. I doubt you’ll find any option available right now for purchasing the tickets this far in advance. You may want to try a couple of weeks prior to the date, or even a month prior. From all of the stories I’ve heard, the best prices are to be found on Mercado Libre. Do check back before you come in case any of this changes. I hope it does. It would be great to be able to buy tickets at the stadium again.

Cheers,

• Niklas

September 28, 2012, 6:25 am Reply

Hi,
    i would like to go to the Boca match on October 21st against Estudiantes. I would like to buy my tickets via mercadolibre.com. But my spanish is so poor. What should I enter as a search term?
    Thanks

September 28, 2012, 3:30 pm Reply

Hola Niklas,

When I look for tickets on Mercado Libre, I usually type in “entradas Boca.” Sometimes I go to the sections “deportes” and then “futbol.” You will want to check the reputation of the vendor “reputacion del vendedor.” If you use Google Chrome, you can set it up to translate the pages so you know what they are saying.

Best of luck!

• Erwin

September 20, 2012, 3:28 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

I want to visit the Boca – Newells match at Bombonera on the 14th of November, any tips where to buy two tickets?
    Which option would you suggest? LandingPadBA? Juancho?

Many Thanks,

Erwin

September 21, 2012, 11:04 am Reply

Hi Erwin,

I have more experience with Juancho than with Landing Pad, so that’s who I would recommend.

Have a great time!

• Erwin

September 22, 2012, 7:15 am Reply

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the information. I will try Juancho. Do you think that their poplar tickets are somehow similar to the tickets in your video, above this blog?

Thanks!
        Erwin

September 22, 2012, 9:37 am Reply

Hi Erwin,

The popular tickets will be in the big group of fans that are in our video. We were in platea (regular seats) but right next to the popular section. Should be a lot of fun!

Cheers,

• Emily

September 12, 2012, 7:09 pm Reply

Hi Angela,

Would you be able to send me the contact details for your seller in mercado libre? We are looking for tickets for this coming Sundays boca match against independiente.

Many thanks, Emily

• Olli

September 6, 2012, 11:26 am Reply

The tickets are sold only to members, but can a non-member enter the stadium with a ticket that was sold to a member? Or do they ask for membership cards at the entrance`?

September 6, 2012, 12:25 pm Reply

Hi Olli… From what I’ve seen, they do not ask for membership cards when you enter if you have a legitimate ticket in hand. Suerte!!

• Olli

September 6, 2012, 5:44 am Reply

Hi, the tickets are sold only to members, but even non-members can enter the stadium with a ticket that has been sold to a member? No membership card is asked at the Bombonera?

• Emma

August 28, 2012, 1:36 pm Reply

Hi Angela

My partner and I are wanting to see a Boca vs Rafaela game this Sunday 2nd September. I have read your blog and all the comments and just want to clarify, can we buy tickets at the ticket booth this Sunday morning (the ticket office shown on your map)? Or are the ticket sales now restricted to ‘socios’ and non-members cannot buy them?

We would prefer to avoid a tourist company if possible.

Cheers
    Emma

August 28, 2012, 2:22 pm Reply

Hi Emma,

Unfortunately they are no longer selling tickets at the stadium. It’s quite the mafia. We have bought from a Mercado Libre vendor several times this year and have always been sold legitimate tickets, Boca side, and often front row seats. He charges between 450 and 550 pesos. I’ll send you an email in case you’re interested. The tourist packages are more expensive and not nearly as well located.

Hasta pronto!

August 29, 2012, 12:48 pm Reply

The Boca Rafael match will be held at the stadium of Huracan. It’s possible tickets will be sold at the stadium for the match since it’s not at La Bombonera.

Suerte,

• Barry

August 22, 2012, 1:36 pm Reply

Just another update to the comments section. We tried today to buy tickets for a Copa Sudamericana game (having read Copa games aren’t as restricted). However, we had the same experience as many others and were told that the tickets were only for “Socios” i.e. club members. Disappointing, as the prices offered elsewhere are completely extortionate. I think I’m happy to give the game a miss.

• Bob

May 19, 2012, 4:51 pm Reply

I had the opportunity to see 6 soccer matches over the course of a 6 week vacation in Buenos Aires and I thought I might be able to shad some light on the subject. I went to 3 Boca Juniors games (my main “goal” was to see Boca play and slip in a couple of Racing and River Plate matches) with 3 different companies; LandingPadBA, Tangol, Juancho.

All gave me the same info about tickets being sold at the stadium. Apparently that a new Boca Juniors president has taken over and is restricting the amount of public sales heavily. Only “socios” or long term members have priority access to the games which I thought was quite interesting. This is what is causing the lack of tickets being sold and why we are all having to go with tour operators with the exception of copa games.

LandingPadBA was the most customer service oriented and transparent. They have an American owner which is likely why they were going that extra step so to speak. Good overall experience- I’d say go with these guys for the best value.

Tangol had a platea (proper individual seating) option for $200 USD that I took which I do not think is worth it. Good service, nice option for hotel pick up, but geez- $200 USD for corner of the stadium nosebleeds! This is for those that strictly want to observe from a distance.

Juancho seemed to be offering the same thing as LandingPadBA, but with varied pricing. I think their last email was eventually the same at $630 pesos, but I felt like I was being tested to see how much I’d pay, if that makes any sense.

I hope this helps some folks out! My conclusion: Go see River Plate play instead of Boca Juniors. Boca is really expensive!

May 20, 2012, 3:48 pm Reply

Wow, Bob. Thank you for leaving this amazing information. It matches everything I’ve heard completely. And I couldn’t agree more about skipping a Boca match to see River or Racing or Independiente or almost anyone. My personal favorite team is Huracan because I’m from Louisiana and I always choose teams based on completely irrelevant information :)

Again, thank so much! Hope you had a fantastic time here.

Cheers,

• Eva

April 15, 2012, 1:49 pm Reply

Hi Angela,
    more than a month has passed since we have returned from Buenos Aires – we miss it so much and not a day passes that we talk about our great trip and not a day passes that Carlo is singing a Boca-chant :-) Hope you are doing well! As promiesd I will write our experience for the Boca Match we went to on February 26th.
    I think I have tried every possibility not to have to buy tickets froma tour operator. I also contacted several guys on mercado libre (in spanish) but never got an answer. I had a contact with Juancho already 2011 where I confirmed tickets and pizza for 460 pesos. He then contacted earlier this year saying, that the price had changed to 750 pesos. At this point I cancelled my booking and kept looking (they contacted me again, that they could get me a special price of 650 pesos – but at this stage I thought they were not very transparent).
    Anyway, I ended up booking with landingpadba (Paola was very nice and helpful) a couple of days before the match, paying 590 pesos for ticket, pickup and chorizopan and beer before.
    Pick up worked fine, guides were ok with good english, barbecue was nice (they sell some cheap fake shirts there for only 60 pesos) but then the trouble started. To cut a long story short, there were not enough tickets for all of us (in total around 100 persons – all divided into groups of 15 pax). Groups started getting into the stadium about 1,5 hours before the game (game starting at 19.15). My group was the last one left outside the stadium at 19.00 – you can immagine how furious I was! they told me to stay calm and that everyone will get in. At 19.05 someone came with 10 tickets in his hand and there were 15 of us. We had to fight for the tickets. I was lucky to get 2 for me and my husband, but felt sorry for the guys who didn’t get a ticket (but in the end they all got in)
    Once the ticket in our hand we had a run and made it to get to the stadium. we made it just in time to the beginning of the game.
    from then on, it was a fabulous experience! We were amoung some true argentinian fans and had a great time with them. Boca won 2-0.
    for my husband it was a once in a lifetime experience and although I was determined to complain with landingpadba, I saw my husband happy and as it was the beginning of our holiday I just decided to have no hard feelings and seize our holidays. I did receive an excuse email from landingpadba and they said something about beginning of season problems.
    I think it didn’t depend on landingpadba – but it was just bad luck to have been in the last group.
    sorry for this novel, but I hope it is helpful. I found a lot of great information on Angela’s blog about Boca Matches and muchmore….but especially I found a unique place to stay in San Telmo. Grazie di nuovo Angela, speriamo di tornarci prima o poi!!!

April 15, 2012, 2:44 pm Reply

Hola Eva…. thanks so much for sharing your experience. From what I have heard, this is not a common experience with Landing Pad. They’re professionals, but sounds like they had a problem that time. In the end, I know you guys had a fantastic time. That’s what matters. But it would really be nice if there were an easier way to get into the games.

Send a hug to Carlo and I hope we will see you guys back here again one day!

Mille grazie!

• John

April 9, 2012, 1:48 am Reply

Hello,

I am thinking about going to Buenos Aires in the next year or so to study for a semester, and I am a huge soccer/football/futbol (whatever you call it) fan, so attending a match is a must. The thing is, I kind of worried about getting tickets, and my safety in the La Boca area. I’m not necessarily a prime target, but I am wonder if it really is a concern? I am more than likely going to school in the Belgrano district, which is where River Plate play, so getting tickets to see them may be easier. But a part of me would prefer to see Boca. My question is, how do you go about getting tickets to a Boca Juniors game, and is the stadium and surrounding area safe for an American fan? I know you said that you can show up early to get tickets, but I don’t want to get mugged while I am waiting in line or navigating the area. I know it may sound naive, but it is something that I would be concerned about. I have always wanted to visit La Bombonera and see Boca play, but all the stuff I’ve read about the area is giving me second thoughts.

April 9, 2012, 1:39 pm Reply

Hi John,

Apparently, they are not selling tickets at the stadium for regular season games anymore. If you read people’s comments here, you’ll find suggestions for ways to get tickets that don’t require going with a tour. Things can always change, so I recommend reading the comments here because this post has become like a forum of people telling their experience.

Lots of people have found tickets on Mercado Libre. The last commenter bought his at the stadium from one of the stores three hours before the match. That’s risky, but it worked out for him and he gave some nice details to help others who want to go that route. If it’s a regular game, I don’t think they will be selling tickets at the stadium ticket booth, but if it’s a Copa game it sounds like they will be.

As far as safety goes, I think the “danger” thing is way overstated. We went with two cameras and bags and what not. No problem. Even those who have gone in the popular section have gone with cameras and phones and not had a problem. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be cautious. The truth is… you should always be cautious in any part of the city. In fact, in the five years that I’ve been renting apartments, except for one case, all of our guests that have been robbed were robbed either on the subway or in Palermo. One girl had her bag taken in a cafe in San Telmo. Everyone else was in Palermo or the subway. But, La Boca has a sketchy area. You wouldn’t want to wander off aimlessly (though I do and I know others who do… but not a good idea if you’re worried).

Just depends on your street smarts and what you’re carrying with you. Like any large city, you could get robbed anywhere, but I don’t think the fame of La Boca being awful is true. Read through the comments. Lots of others have talked about whether they felt safe or not.

Suerte!!

• Tobias

April 8, 2012, 12:58 am Reply

Just forgot: we Bought the tickets 3 hours before tha match at which point the Streets in front of bombonera were not yet sealed off by the police (which they did 2 hours before the match). Different guys offered us tickets but we picked the one we trusted most.

April 9, 2012, 1:28 pm Reply

Wow. That’s great information, Tobias! Thanks for sharing. The market is working it seems. We’ve also recently been in touch with a Mercado Libre vendor who can get tickets around that same price range. It’s great to be able to give our guests some options and now they have even more!

Cheers,

• Tobias

April 8, 2012, 12:48 am Reply

Hi.

Went to the boca – arg. Juniors game today. It was great! Bought tickets on the street in front of bombonera where All the fan-shops are. The guy seemed like he knew everyone at the stadium in a mafia kind of way. Hé had plenty of tickets to different stands for between 200 – 300 pesos. Hé even let us go ask some of the officials if the tickets ‘parece real’.

He Got away with selling us tickets for the away-stand though, but it was actually fun since they really knew how to make a spectacle + you had the full view of the boca socio stand.

I Think that no matter how you buy tickets the mafia Will have their share, but this guys prices was affordable.

• Tim

March 30, 2012, 7:20 pm Reply

Hi Angela
    Thanks for a fanrastic blog and all the info from your contributors.
    We went to the Boca-Arsenal game last night and had a great time. 600 Pesos per person with Juancho. Same comments as above, we couldnt see another way to guarantee genuine tickets and couldnt handle the Spanish of mercadolibre. The two of us joined a bus-load of assorted foreigners to the prematch bar where we did get enough pizza and beer. The walk in to the stadium was smooth and we found very cramped spaces on the popular terrace. All around seemed friendly. I used my video camera and Tracey used her iphone without problem. When Boca score a goal you get bounced around quite a bit but that was part of the fun. We had to wait about an hour to get out of the stadium. but after that easy as it was a quick walk to the bus then we were delivered back to a bar within walking distance of our hotel and bought another beer. All in a great experience once you have swallowed the price.
    Thanks again
    Tim and Tracey

March 31, 2012, 12:08 pm Reply

Thanks so much for contributing, Tim and Tracey. Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. And Boca won!! It’s great that you added the part about using your video camera and iPhone without a problem. I think people make it sound like it’s all much more dangerous or unsafe than it really is.

Enjoy the rest of your time here!!

• Dan Paech

March 30, 2012, 12:24 am Reply

Hi guys, thanks for the information I was trying to work out how not to pay tourist prices and found this site. I went to Boca versus Arsenal tonight 29/03/2012 (Boca 2-0). I went to the stadium this morning at 1030 and bought tickets at cost price. Didn’t seem to be a restriction on the number I could buy either. Cheers!

March 30, 2012, 12:28 pm Reply

That’s fantastic news, Dan. So glad you’ve shared this with us. Hope you had a great time at the game!

Cheers,

• Cdn

March 30, 2012, 1:14 pm Reply

So you CAN buy tickets from the Stadium? What gate is the ticket selling booth at? Also, do you know what time they open?

Thank you!

March 30, 2012, 5:35 pm Reply

Well… from what I’ve been told, it’s only for Copa games, not regular season games. But I suppose it would be worth trying on the day of the game and then having a back-up plan in case they don’t sell them at the stadium. On this blog post, I put a map to the ticket office near the stadium. You should be able to find it from that. It’s not at the stadium, but it’s right near there.

Let us know how it goes!

March 30, 2012, 5:38 pm Reply

I should add…. yesterday, I spent the day looking for tickets for guests of ours on Mercado Libre. It’s not the easiest transaction, but it’s possible and I did get them tickets. Wish I had known that for Copa games they could have gone to the stadium to get tickets. If you should find out that they’ve begun selling tickets again for regular matches at the stadium, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us know.

• Bunni

March 28, 2012, 5:27 pm Reply

Just reading the previous mails, for the non-Spanish speaking people – it is best that you learn a small bit of the language before you go to Buenos Aires. I am American and learned enough to get by. I saw plenty of English speaking people expecting others to speak English there but it’s not how it works. The same goes for not being able to read the football ticket pages….you will have to read the menus there, signs, ask for directions maybe etc.

• Katrina

March 27, 2012, 9:17 pm Reply

hi, We are wanting to go to Boca Juniors vs Arsenal on 29 March 2012 ( in 1 days time) should be go down to the stadium tomorrow and try and buy tickets or go down at 9am on the day and try and get tickets. It is our only chance to see a game like this.
    thanks for your help.
    Kat

March 28, 2012, 12:34 pm Reply

Hi Katrina… they aren’t selling tickets at the stadium anymore from what I’ve heard, though you could go down there and try. I just really think you’ll have to find another way to get tickets. The cheapest options are on Mercado Libre. You’ll want to check the vendors reputation and read the comments about the vendor before buying. There are some comments here above that mention vendors others have bought from. Or, you could go with one of the operators, but their prices are much higher. It’s unfortunate, but I suppose people are making big money off of these tickets so I don’t see them starting to sell at the stadium again any time soon.

Best of luck!

• Sherry

March 25, 2012, 1:36 am Reply

Hi,

I’m looking to buy tickets to the Boca Juniors game on May 13th. Is it too early to be contacting operators for tickets? When would they typically start selling tickets? With these operators, do I have to pay them in advance?

Also, is this site a reliable seller?

Thank you!

March 25, 2012, 3:25 pm Reply

Hi Sherry,

I don’t know if it’s too early. I would doubt it because they have tickets to all the games from what I can tell. The only reason they might say it’s too early would be if they didn’t know whether they’d have tickets. I usually get an email every week telling me about the upcoming game and what their prices are. Sometimes they also include games for the next months, but not always. My guests have never had to pay in advance, but maybe that’s because they’re staying with me and the operators know where to find them.

I’ve not had any experience with the site you listed, so I don’t know if they’re reliable. If you do go with them or any other tour operator, please let us know your experience.

Best of luck!

• Seb

March 24, 2012, 12:20 pm Reply

Hi,

I was wondering if it is still possible to get Boca v Lanus tickets for tomorrow sunday 25 March by going to the stadium in the morning?

Thanks

Seb

March 24, 2012, 8:48 pm Reply

Hi Seb,

No… it seems they have stopped selling tickets at the stadium. You are pretty much forced to go with a group or try your luck purchasing something on Mercado Libre. Lots of commenters here have left suggestions for reliable vendors on Mercado Libre.

Best of luck,

• Evy

February 27, 2012, 9:47 am Reply

Hi there!

We went to Boca jrs v. Newells Old Boys yesterday and it was great! I booked with Juancho Futbol in the end and everything was arranged well. Beer and pizza in a Boca fan pub before the match and then the match.. They won 2-0, so great atmosphere! After the match we went to another cafe in San Telmo where we had a drink. I can recommend going to a match and Juancho are nice people to go with! Thanks for your help :)

February 27, 2012, 2:59 pm Reply

Thanks, Evy! So glad you guys got to go to the game and that you liked going with Juancho. And so glad that Boca won! I really appreciate your coming back to leave your comment. It’s great that this post is becoming a group effort of advice. Cheers!!

• Andreas

February 5, 2012, 11:10 am Reply

Hi Angela,

thanks for all that information. We went to La Boca yesterday and I just wanted to share our experience.
    On the web I had found the tip to try one of the following (kind of ebay…) webpages:
    We got our ticket from mercadolibre. It was $50 US instead of $50 ARS, but we found it a good compromise between the insceurity of just going and trying to get a ticket and the prices of juancho et al.
    We found a vendor (SALAABASTO ) with very good reviews and gave it a shot. There were also a lot of slightly cheaper offers, but from vendors without reputation, I wouldn’t touch these.
    For us everything went very smooth. We bought the tickets on the morning of the match. We couldn’t pay online, as we don’t have a Argentinian DNI, but the vendor offered paying cash or paypal as well. About an hour later we had the tickets delivered to our hostel.
    The atmosphere at La 12 was very relaxed. We arrived two hours before the match and had only to queue for about 90 minutes… Bring water!
    Mind though, that we visited a friendly (farewell match for Martin Palermo), I don’t know how well this will work on a regular match, but I guess it would be worth a try.

Just make sure to check, that your vendor has good reviews!!! (in merkatlibre click on the bar below “Reputación del vendedor”)

Cheers, Andreas